Sunday, August 8, 2010

Geek Expedition in New York

God was gracious to have my friend Paul and me to both be in New York at the same time for about two days so we planned to go on a "geek expedition." Divine Providence was at work when I forgot to give Paul our apartment number and, as he waited at the door of the building, my sister and mom were going out. They opened the door for him and even gave him directions to the apartment. God is good, even in seemingly frivolous things.

We were heading for Toys R Us to look for GI Joe action figures (me) and video games (Paul) when we saw, en route, Midtown Comics.

midtown

It was great there. Wish I had money to buy stuff.

Then we finally hit Toys R Us.



TRU ian

TRU paul

We saw a big Optimus Prime that we just had to pose with him.

Prime ian

Me trying to do Prime's pose.

Prime paul

Paul just happy to be in front of Prime.

I started looking for what I wanted, the TRU exclusive Spirit figure. Or any Pursuit of Cobra figure or vehicle. But that was an epic fail.

That's it

I mean that's it?! That's all they had? I was so bummed out by the whole thing. So we went out and went to Rockefeller Plaza in search of the new Lego store there. But first, a few pics of the place:

rockefeller dudes2

30 rock

Then we found it: Lego!

IMG_0669

Lego Atlas:

lego atlas ian

Yeah, I put the little set in my hand back. But I will go back there and buy it.

lego atlas paul

Here's Paul showing that he's more macho than a Lego Atlas.

Rockefeller Plaza model:

lego rockefeller paul

Here's Paul feeling really big over Rockefeller Plaza.

lego rockefeller ian

If you look closely at the terrace, you'll see Darth Vader!

Apart from the epic fail at TRU, God made a way for the expedition to turn out good. I got to recon the Lego place for my Lego-crazy friends and I might get a few things there much later. But what really saved the expedition from being a totally epic fail was this:

Hoffness

Need I say more? :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment