Saturday, January 30, 2010

Making Comics using Action Figures

I just came from a meeting/creative session with other members of Polyhedron Comics (visit cadrecomics.multiply.com and polyhedron-comics.deviantart.com). We're coming out with a comics anthology where I am writing one of the stories. I'll write about that in much detail in a later entry.

This entry is about using action figures in the making of comics.



My friend Robert uses his action figures as references for his art, particularly when he's doing comic book art. I thought to myself, why stop there? Why not create the entire scene (or most of it) using action figures? Some of the talented people at hisstank.com, a GI Joe fan forum, actually create entire comic book-type photo-stories that they call dio-stories, as they use dioramas to create scenes of the stories they create. I took my inspiration from them in this matter. Here are a few scenes that may be translated into comic book form:

DSC00264  DSC00281   DSC00286  DSC00287

Hope you guys check it out when it's, er, out.

No comments:

Post a Comment